About Me

My photo
I am blessed to be a Woman of God who loves to help show God's very real love in our every day lives. 1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. 13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Friday, August 6, 2010

A Quote I saw the other day.......

"Don't be afraid to fall in love with something and pursue it with intensity." - E. Paul Torrance

I saw this quote and said "wow", that is so true.  How often in this life do we fall in love?  Do you know how many people in this world never allow themselves to love, nonetheless, pursue it?  Have you ever been in love with someone or something?  .....and then just "enjoyed it" and "pursued it"?  I have and it is the best thing ever....  No matter the end of it....enjoy it in the "right now". 
Hopefully what you fall in love with and pursue is not harmful and destructive.  That brings us to the ever present need for the One who loves us and pursues us.  He will give us guidance to know what is worth pursuing....if we seek Him for it.  We are to love with the same intensity He loves us with.  This is loving with intensity:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8;13 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails……..
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

2 comments:

  1. "4giveness"...just for you Ms. Scott in my "own creative way"!

    4giveness
    please, what is this?
    another reason to dismiss
    the way you treated me and caused me to miss
    the love and joy and eternal bliss
    that comes from no other than this
    one man who had a plan
    to give life to each man
    without thought and neglect
    he soon resurrect-ed
    from the grave
    I wish I was brave
    enough to let go
    I would then tell you sew
    on the righteousness of forgiveness
    so he will not continue to do this
    steal my joy, for the rest of my life
    like this

    ReplyDelete